Re: validate panel.hints

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 06:38:41AM +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> 2000-05-23 Dan Mueth <d-mueth@uchicago.edu>
>
> * panel.hints:
>
>     Fixed typo in ending tag: </Content> was </content>.  This
>     completely broke the panel.hints file, so gnome-hint only would show
>     the one hint hard-coded into gnome-hint.c.
>
> ;-)  We should add a command to validate those XML files like
> panel.hints:
>
>     nsgmls -wxml -s .../PATH/TO/xml.dcl panel.hints
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to add this validation command to the
> Makefile.am.  Instead of nsgmls we can use another XML parser like rxp.

Yes, I think this is a good idea.  You can add a direct makefile like target.

validate:
	command here

The space before the command is a tab.  Then you just go "make validate".  I
think it would be a bad idea to add this to the standard compilation or other
targets.

This sort of highlights the need for some sort of testing framework to test
this and other things.

George

--
George <jirka@5z.com>
   I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but