Re: logview doc version 0.1-ish

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 10:19:08AM -0500 or thereabouts, Dan Mueth wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.samsonsource.com/pub/logview/
>
> It looks very good.  Here are a few small markup-related things I noticed
> which you might want to change:
>
> 1) You call it "logview".  I typically call it whatever it calls itself in

I naturally had to be different :)

I tend to use the case that is used when you invoke it at the command
line. Typing 'Logview' won't work. I realise that there are different
tags for application and for command, but it seems pretty traditional
in unix docs to avoid capitalising a name if there is no capital when
you type it as a command.

> 3) You can use the <filename> tag when referring to files, such as
> <filename>/var/log/messages</filename>.
>
> 4) For directories, you can use <filename
> class="directory">/var/log</filename>.  (Anybody have an opinion of
> whether we should use "/var/log" for the directory or "/var/log/" ?)

I tend to go with the final slash when it's a directory, because
it distinguishes between files and directories that way.

> 5) You can use <keycap>Page Up</keycap> and similar for marking up "Page
> Down".

I always forget this :)

Telsa