Re: GNOME 1.1.90

> So I think it would be nice to do a "GNOME 1.1.90" release of all of the
> packages coming out with GNOME 1.2.

Sounds great! ;-) Then I would like if the top translations teams (the
ones closes to 100% on http://www.gnome.org/~kmaraas/status.shtml, to
make a little status report about what is not translatable, and where
there are problems, etc. So we can make sure that all strings are marked,
etc.

I would like to help these translations team with this help if they want
it. The ones discussed are Russian, Swedish, Norwegian and Danish. These
are so close to 100% on the status list that they deserve to be 110%
perfect. :)

Kjartan, frob, et al - maybe you have some other ideas? The idea is that
it will be a great to use the 100% translated languages in marketing GNOME
in these countries, which is some of the work the upcoming European GNOME
Foundation has to do. Maybe we could make the 100% languages official
supported GNOME languages, or something? Suggestions are more that
welcome!

> Here is a list:
>
> gnome-libs
> gnome-core
> gnome-applets
> gnome-games
> gnome-pim
> gnome-pilot (because of the Settings dir stuff)
> gnome-utils
> control-center (I guess this has to wait for jrb to get in)
> gmc (i haven't done an icon patch for it yet...)
> bug-buddy  (0.90)
> (any other programs which want to add icon support)
> [stuff i forgot?!??]

What about ggv, gnome-media, gtop or dia?

> I'd like to get testing tarballs on the ftp in testing/ ASAP, and release
> these on Monday perhaps?  We can independently release 1.1.9x versions of
> these packages as needed until 1.2.

That sounds really great! Thanks for the coordination work Jacob.

> So KDE is releasing KDE 2 Beta 1 on May 10th.  I think it would be best
> to wait a week from that for 1.2, so I am now seriously (really) looking
> to release 1.2 on the 17th.  Unless there are huge problems.

We will try to make that then ;-)

Kenneth