Re: Main Menu

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 09:47:12PM -0600, Dan Mueth wrote:
> >
> > Sasha,
> >
> > It is confusing to have two Main Menus which are configured differently -
> > one from the foot icon and one from right-clicking on the Panel.  Could we
> > call the latter one the "Panel Menu" ?  Does this clarify things, or
> > confuse them further?
> >
> > Dan
> >

> It is indeed confusing. It would be great to have a different name;
> however, "panel menu" is not a good choice - we already have "panel
> menu" which is a submenu in the "main menu". Maybe, reserve the name "main
> menu" for the one which you get by right-clicking on the panel, and
> use "foot menu" for the other? Any better suggestions, anyone?

I see how this can be confusing, and tend to agree.  However...

If you right click on the foot icon, you get a menu properties dialog
which says the menu has a "menu type" of "main menu". (It is also called
the "Main menu" if you right click on the Panel and go to Panel->add to
panel->menu.)  If you right click on the Panel and go to Global
Preferences and select the Menu tab, it calls it the "Panel menu".

So it seems this nomenclature has already been decided for us to some
extent. (I didn't completely understand this when I sent the first email.)

Perhaps things can be clarified by using "Panel submenu" (as Judith Samson
just suggested as I'm writing this). Then we would have a "Main Menu" and
a "Panel Menu", each containing a "Panel submenu".

Dan