Re: Applet doc for review

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 09:50:59AM -0600 or thereabouts, Dan Mueth wrote:
> On 23 Mar 2000, James Cope wrote:
> > http://www.gyroscope.uklinux.net/gnome/gdp/battery-charge-monitor/battery-charge-monitor.html
>
> This looks really good. I have just a couple comments:

Agreed:)

> 2) The term "mains AC supply" is not used in the US - I am assuming this
> is a British English term. Perhaps we could find a term which would more
> readily be familiar to both groups.  I guess there is also i8n
> methods.  Suggestions anybody?

How strange. What do you call it then? It's for alternating current,
as opposed to the direct current like you get in batteries. Would
"the mains electricity supply" make sense, or how about "the socket
in the wall"? :)

Oh -- one bug I am tempted to suggest you add:

If you use the battery charge applet on a "normal" (non-laptop) computer,
it starts and produces a warning dialogue that the battery is low. I suppose
no battery does lead to 0% (what the picture shows) and thus a low reading
but I do find it a bit weird. :)

I dunno, I suppose most people don't add battery applets when they don't
have a battery :)

Telsa