Re: MacOS 8.6 help system

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 battery841@mypad.com wrote:

> Hey Gnomers,
> 	I hope you've had a good weekend.  Well, I have now 'finished'
> (as nothing is ever finished) the MacOS 8.6 help browser outline.
> This is not unlike the KDE2 help browser outline.  As the goods and
> bads of the system come up, I will add information to the bottom.  I
> also plan on updating tonight, so keep checking in.  Enjoy!
> http://www.crosswinds.net/members/~battery841/helpshots/
> Kevin

Kevin,

   Thanks for putting this together.  Once again, you did a very nice job.
My initial response is that this system looks rather primitive.  That may
be partly because I can't actually sit down and play with it, and may be
partly because I have had some Mac experiences in the past that left me
with an unusually strong bias against Macs.  Could anybody who has really
used Macs (Aaron comes to mind;)  ) tell us (1) whether the Mac help
browser/system is better than what these screenshots show, (2) whether the
current 9.0.4 MacOS has any improvements in the help system not seen in
this (8.6) version, and (3) any strengths in the MacOS system which we
should be aware of and consider incorporating into our help system?

Dan