Re: There is no GHB 2.0

Bill <romp@infinet.com> writes:

> I think that calling it "Nautilus Help Browser" will tie this too much into Eazel
>
> and their work. It is one thing to have Miguel, Nat, et.al. into Helix Code;
> quite
> another to have another company's work taking over what we have done. This
> may not be a big deal to everyone else but to me it does make a difference to
> feel of the direction of the project. Sort of like building a bridge, only to
> have
> Campells Soup come along and want the name changed to "Chunky Soup
> Span" or something like that.
>
> Maybe we could call it "System Help Browser"?

Just to clarify. Elliot came up with the name "Nautilus" before Eazel
started working on the code base at all.

The first Eazel prototypes were called "gnomad". So, I wouldn't call
Nautilus an Eazel name. It's the name of a GNOME program -- like gmc
or gnibbles.

It just happens that Elliot thought of a nice marketable name that
didn't start with G. Thanks goodness we aren't debating whether
to call it the Gnautilus help browser.

Regards,
                                        Owen