Re: Python Tutorial 2.0

Eric Baudais <baudais@okstate.edu> writes:

> You didn't answer Greg's question though.  I'll restate it:  What is the
> right approach in order reach the goal of complete usability?  I, like
> Greg, am still searching for the answer.  The GDP is still searching for
> that answer.  I imagine that the LDP is also searching for the answer.
>
> What do you think IS the right approach?

Karl is correct in his reply for me, please re-read my message. I said
I did not know the correct answer, I'm sorry for that, I will think
much harder... still, I wanted to give some thoughts on the situation
which is what I did.

Please do not take my comments as merely trying to slam the LDP, I
included the OSWG in there and I happen to be very good friends with
the person running it. I just also happen to believe that the method
they have both chosen is one that is to confusing to the new user.

We have an opportunity to incorporate a bit of system items in our
docs if we are careful and go about it correctly... if we do too much,
we too will become an "information firehose" - like Karl restated for
me so well...  " We're here to write good docs on GNOME and GNOME
applications"

Those are my thoughts, not an answer to a tough question that is asked
in our community, and many others.

Cheers,

Dave