Re: markup question

On 12 Jun 2000, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

>>> Should dialogs be marked up in docbook with the <interface> tag,
>>> like <interface>Preferences</interface> dialog, or with no tags at
>>> all?
>>
>> Use the <interface> tag, as in your example.
>
> I vote for <guimenuitem>.  The TDG (p. 293) says: "This element became
> obsolete in DocBook V3.0 with the introduction of GUIButton, ..."

I never noticed this.  We have been using <interface> widely to mark up
the Panel, dialog windows, and main application windows. It is used this
way in all the templates and is recommended to be used as such in the GDP
Handbook.  Strangely, TDG lists "GUIButton, GUIIcon, GUILabel, GUIMenu,
GUIMenuItem, and GUISubMenu" as obsoleting <interface>, although none of
these seem suitable for describing the Panel, a dialog window, or an
application window.

Does anybody know of another tag which can be used in these cases?

Dan