Re: KDE2 model webpage

Dan Mueth wrote:

> Thanks Kevin for putting this together.  This is a very useful summary,
> especially since most of us do not have KDE2 on our systems and
> many of us would have to download it over a modem.

Yes, thanks a whole lot. :)

> Do you know how it deals with documentation inside an application?  Is
> it in a protected environment?  For example, if I am running Gnumeric
> and I go to the manual and search for "printing", do I only get
> information about printing in Gnumeric, or does it also give
> me information on "lpr", printing in GIMP, and other things?  Maybe
> this is a given, but I think we probably want to have
> protected environments for searching, and probably for the Index
> and perhaps even the Contents tabs as well (assuming we have
> these).

I don't think protected environments should be in the help browser.  I
think the environment should be semi-protected.

I would like to see a related documents tab that will list all the docs
on printing (following Dan's example) where there are the information on
"lpr", printing in GIMP, and other things.  Or you could have this info
under the "protected" search with the title as "Related Documents:" or
something.

I do think that the protected search is a good idea, but I would also
like the search engine to display the results of an unprotected search
too.  You should also have an option in the preferences to turn it on or
off and leave it on by default.

What do ya'll think about this?

Eric Baudais