Re: new help browser

On May 31 2000 Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> Configurable?  Hopefully.  IMO, (navigation) trees suck in general.
> Either they take much too much horizontal space or fonts used are too
> small or important parts of the tree are hidden (trimmed at the right
> side, branches left indented, scroll bars added, ...).
>
> Horizontal space on my screen is expensive.  I'd like to see the help
> browser side by side with my application!  Running an application like
> the help browser "full screen" is not an option (22" minitors are not
> the standard).

I would just like to voice my support of this concept. I'm writing this on a
laptop with a 12.1" 800 x 600 screen, and things are already at the edge of
being too large (Especially things like gmc). If there is a navigation tree, it
should not be essential to the operation of the help browser.

MBG

--
     Matthew Guenther                           Nice guys finish last.
     mguenthe@netcom.ca                         		-- Leo Durocher