RE: indexing

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

[SNIP]

> And if any of the people who volunteered or know anything about this would
> care to step forward and point me to some documentation on indexing, I'd be
> most appreciative.  I've not been able to find anything good, and I've
> noticed that the docs that the LDP has which do have some index markup
> (something like 4 of them), aren't really well done.  Thanks,
> 	Greg

I don't think any of our new indexers have joined this list
yet.  Hopefully they'll be on here in a couple days.  John has been
looking into indexing lately, and he pointed me to a web site which has a
very good indexing FAQ and various other references:
http://www.asindexing.org/

I'm hoping to have one of the new indexers put together a couple pages in
the Handbook which has some basic information about indexing and a couple
references to good web pages and books where one can learn more.

Dan