Re: gtcd

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Erik Jarvi wrote:

> I think you are right, the defaults should be in the screenshots. I just wish
> the defaults looked better. :) I know one of the first things that I do is
> change the themes to my desktop on a new system.

IIRC, we argued a lot, then took a vote. (I remember 'cause I started the
argument with an innocent newcomer's question about which theme to use:
http://mail.gnome.org/pipermail/gnome-doc-list/2000-February/000670.html)

Theme choice is so subjective that there's bound to be disagreement about
which looks best or is most functional - that's why there are so many
themes around.

But we agreed that consistency in the docs was important, and we had to
settle on something. So we used the sort of amorphous, vaguely leaderless
style of democracy I've come to know and love in recent months. :)

Cheers,
John