Re: Cross-referencing (fwd)

* Alexander Kirillov (kirillov@math.sunysb.edu) wrote at 23:23 on 26/07/00:
> Dear Ali:
>
> could you say a little bit more? First, what type should we give;
> should it be
> <ulink type="help" url="help:libxml">
> or type="http" or "ghelp"?
>
> Second, could we link in the same way to man pages and info pages?
>
> And most important, do you think these 2 problems you mention can be
> overcome in time for 1.4? I do hope that help will be rendered in
> Mozilla; please do not tell me we need to use gnome-help-browser for
> 1.4 ...

<ulink type="help" url="help:libxml"> is the preferred method

subsituting 'ghelp' for 'help' should also work - but I would consider
that...deprecated :)

with man just change 'help' with 'man

with info just change 'help' with 'info'

I think we can get help rendering in mozilla (it is targetted for Nautilus
1.0) - Currently, I can get it to render to gtkhtml, but I hear gtkhtml will
go away with Nautilus 1.0 (due to ntl-web-browser code that is Nautilus being
ugly and crufty (so I hear)). It is listed in Eazel Bugzilla as a 'four hour'
bug, and I think it is pretty easy to turn on (although it would be a hack as
the 'proper' way to do it requires much more code/thought)

The second problem of links within docs is a Mozilla issue. Mozilla is on an
entirely different schedule and is totally indepdendent of Nautilus and GNOME
release schedules. So I have no clue if it will be fixed in time.

Ramiro used to work for Mozilla, so he would be the appropriate person to ask
:)