Re: All those GNOME FAQs

On Jul 13, 2000, Telsa Gwynne <hobbit@aloss.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 03:24:23PM -0500 or thereabouts, John R. Sheets wrote:
> >
> > FAQ material?  Are the original gnome-faq and devel-faq too obsolete to
> > salvage?
>
> Original gnome-faq: almost certainly. It got too long, then too out
> of date, then too hard to contact authors.

Okay, I think I'm just going to use the new one, the users-faq-1.2.

> I am not a hacker, but these seem to me to be things that need to
> be fixed. It's certainly salvagable (although I think it needs
> restructuring, but then I just have problems with a list of sixty
> entities at the top :)).

Yep, the developers' FAQ needs too much work.  However, since it's
already a developer-oriented book, a lot of the content in the
developers' FAQ is already covered, so I won't worry about it.

> If anyone wants to take on the developer FAQ, I have a couple of
> questions it could use, but alas, no answers!

I'm a little burnt out (and unbelievably behind on my contributions to
other projects) right now, but if I can find the time and energy I may
take a look at it.  No promises of course.  (c:

Thanks for the detailed feedback, Telsa.  It's very much appreciated!

John

--
dusk@ravendusk.org                            http://www.gnome.org
jsheets@codeweavers.com                  http://www.worldforge.org