Re: Gnome-App Template Proposed Updates

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Eliot Landrum wrote:
> > Karl said
> > Too short (in the long run) and too "meta".  If all docs will use &app;
> > it isn't possible to concatenate all the separate docs into one document
> > tree (grove): the first app entity wins.
> >
> I hadn't thought of having to put multiple docs into one. Never had that pleasure... probably the app-gnumeric example would be the easiest, but might cause entity collisions.

I agree with Karl on this, though there are other problems when combining
lots of docs into one, most notably id collisions, i.e. every doc uses, at
the very least, id="index". This can't be changed because of package
Makefile issues, so putting together a Users Guide chapter is bound to be
a pain no matter what. Less pain, though, is better. (This'll all change
with the powerful magic of 2.0, so we need only limp on a bit longer.)

Cheers,
John