Re: gtop docs and various questions

On 12 Jan 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Nils Philippsen <nils@wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de> writes:
> > You can differentiate here: Digital UNIX is in caps because it's Open
> > Group UNIX, Unix-like operating systems like Linux have only capital
> > 'U'.
>
> Well, Linux isn't officially Unix or UNIX at all, the only "official"
> UNIX is UNIX. You aren't allowed to use Unix to describe things
> without the open group UNIX brand. (Though in practice, only
> commercial entities observe this rule.)

Well, I pronounce it "Unix-like" but "Digital UNIX". I know that Linux is
just official - uhm - Linux. And the trademark is in all caps. There are
things more important.

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils@wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils@fht-esslingen.de / nils@redhat.de