The applet template

Is it too late to suggest two changes to the applet template? They
only really occurred to me whilst I was scribbling stuff.

First: we don't have a particular section for key-bindings. Is this
a problem, or likely to become one?

Second, there are some applets which specifically mention previous
things they're based on or took things from. The way the same-gnome
documentation handles this is to have an "authors and history"
section, and I have made use of a "credits" section for something
similar in some of the applets I've done and not yet sent to
Jacob.

All the rest is as per sasha's template. These are the only changes:

    o where the initial section includes "this covers applet-blah,
    version-thing, written by so-and-so, report bugs to..", I just
    have "applet-blah, version-thing"
    o after the bugs and limitations section, I have something like

 <sect2 id="appletname-credits">
  <title>Credits</title>
  <para>
    The applet was written by (as per sasha's stuff) and based on
    (anything relevant: some of them do mention earlier programs or
    inspirations) Please report bugs in it to the <ulink...> GNOME
    bug tracking system</ulink>. You can do this by following the
    guidelines on that site or by using <application>bug-buddy</application>.
    For the package name, put (usually gnome-applets, some are gnome-core).
    This guide was written by (as per sasha's stuff).
  </para>
 </sect2>

I know that it's immaterial for a lot of them, but it's occasionally
useful, and the "based on" stuff currently would only fit into the
introduction, where I think it's a bit out of place. It's not such
vital information that it needs to go there.

The ones this currently affects are:
fifteen ("based on the game first described by Sam Lloyd in 1878")
geyes ("based on the well-known xeyes program")
odometer ("based on (quite a long sequence)")
...and I am also tempted to put a link into the paper that first
described the 'life' rules, cos apparently this is Some Famous Thing in
computer circles.

By the way: reading gnome-list it seems I am not the only person who
has still not worked out how to use the clipboard applet. (Someone
is asking how to use it and where the documentation is :)). Has anyone
figured it out? It involves X selection stuff, apparently, which
sounds hard.

Telsa