New, Improved Doctable (v 1.2)

Yay! To overshadow the upcoming GNOME 1.2 release, we (all two of us) of
the doctable team have decided to release version 1.2, the "Aerodynamic
Banana" release.

New features include, and are limited to:

Improved category browsing - after hearing the agony telsa and mawa went
through trying to get anything done, I changed how categories work so you
can now view a single subcategory at a time, instead of being forced to
reload the entire 200k+ of the core apps list. Spiffy icons courtesy of
tigert round out the feature, allowing navigation up and down the
sub-categories, and back out to the full category list. If there are ways
to make this even easier (right now, you still have to load all 200k at
least once), holler!

Arbitrary Status Columns - before, it was hard-coded that every app had an
about, manual, help, context help, and icon column. No more! As we moved
past just documenting apps, and onto more general things (like the general
docs category), the fact that the gnome user's guide had a context help
status column just wasn't making sense. So, I redid the entire system, and
now, no longer an issue. Categories can have different status columns,
can have any number of them, and they're easy to add. If you see any other
important tidbits of information we should be keeping track of, or status
columns that would be useful, pass it along.

Enjoy! Certified Bug-Free(*), the "Aerodynamic Banana" release will prove
to be a true winner! Live long and document!

or something. :)

	David Fallon

(*) Microsoft trademark, all rights reserved.