GDP Weekly Summary

I will be making a weekly/daily summary of GDP decisions and events that
affect everyone working on documentation.

This summary covers 10 Feb. 2000 through 11 Feb. 2000.

1)Telsa has the first draft to "What is an Applet and Other General Things
  About Them" done.  It will be commited to the Gnome CVS shortly for
  review.

2)It has been decided that GDP will only concentrate on docs for the
  newest version of Gnome.  We are trying to get docs for Gnome 1.2
  written before its released.  GDP wants to concentrate on docs in the
  gnome-core and gnome-applets packages.  Check the DocTable to see which
  applets and applications' docs are written and which ones need to be
  written.

3)Authors who are writing docs for applets should include "This applet
  comes from (package)" in the introduction to the applet.

4)GDP will be meeting at GUADEC sometime to discuss the future of GDP and
  technical stuff.  Anyone wanting to join in the discussion at GUADEC
  should contact mathieu or not let telsa, kmaraas, dcm, or jrb out of
  their sight for the whole conference.  It will be more of an informal
  get-together at a bar.  (Telsa says "Let's make sure we get at the
  wine.")

5)GDP is asking for a volunteer to write a summary of what is talked about
  at the "meeting."

6)There is a new tool being developed by Jonathan Blandford to convert
  Docbook to html faster than db2html.  It is in a pre-alpha state, but is
  available at http://people.redhat.com/jrb/files/gnome-db2html2.tar.gz
  for testing.  Send bugs to jrb@redhat.com.

7)Telsa will be coordinating and compiling all the applet docs.  If you
  want to write a docs for an existing applet check the DocTable to make
  sure someone else isn't working on it.

The first edition of the GDP Weekly Summary has been brought to you by the
GDP Project, making docs a reality in linux.

If anyone has anything to contribute to the GDP Weekly Summary, contact
Eric Baudais at baudais@okstate.edu

Drake