RE: GDP Editors

Assuming that documentation is always under development the same way that
software is, then eventually all of the documentation will get reviewed by
the editors, assuming that it gets submitted.  Pending other opinions, I'd
have to agree with Dan and say that these are two separate tasks.

[snip]
> > In addition, it'd be extremely cool if they didn't
> > limit their scope to the docbook code, but looked at the text in the
> > actual applications.  Most developers aren't grammar
> experts, and can get
> > very creative when writing error messages/dialogs/labels
> etc, and many
> > apps could use a once over.
>
> Yes. I agree. Is this the job of the editors or the general
> documentation
> authors?

Both.  It's the job of the general documentation authors to have taken the
time to self-edit their docs, so that at they have good readable docs, and
to follow the guidelines that don't exist yet in the GDP handbook.  It's the
job of the editors/reviewers to help the authors when/if they get stuck on
making something fit, and to read over the docs that the authors submit and
double check their work.  I hope that's clear, if not, yell and I'll try to
speak english instead of geek-ese.
	Greg