choosing an app to do

Folks,

I've some questions about finding an app on the doctable to volunteer for.

Is there some threshhold below which an app is too simple for a manual/help
file to be written? A number of the ones with no docs listed on the
doctable, such as User Listing or gdiskfree, seem like they might be good
starting points for me 'cause they're easy and I'm new to this, but I'm a
little hard pressed to imagine how much help users need.

Also, is the primary need the development of documentation for those
applications listed in the doctable? What of those other applications I'm
finding useful that aren't listed?

Best regards,
--
John Fleck