Re: General GNOME User docs

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:02:52PM -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> And yes, I think it is a good idea to include FDl, GPL, etc so that
> any doc can link to them by using some standard URL, such as
> <help:gpl>
Quickly...word...I agree :)  Makes it very easy to keep the GPL up to date
if there is a change as well.
> Finally: I'd like to include my pet project,  "If you are new to
> Linux.." doc (which was an appendix to UG in 1.2) in the new
> documentation package as well - if people think it is worth it. My
> wife seems to appreciate this kind of "newbies" documentation.
I doubt your wife is the only one.  I think that Gnome is lacking a "If you are
new to Linux..." doc.  This is *definatly* something I am going to say to
include.  I don't see why it's not worth it.  I'll be wiling to sacrifice
20k on my hard drive and download, even though I won't use it.  I feel that
the benefit of including it is well worth that 20k or whatever it maybe.
Kevin
--
gpg key: http://www.crosswinds.net/members/~battery841/kevin_breit.gpg