Re: reduce redundancy?

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 01:12:42AM -0500, Kevin Breit wrote:
> Hey guys,
> 	I was curious if we'd be willing to save ourselves time!  Oh yeah we
> all do.  So now how to do that.  I figure we could put a template for some
> commonly used sections or what not.  For example, 90% of Gnome apps have a
> File/New
> File/Open
> File/Save
> File/Save As
> File/Quit
> Why don't we create a publically available text file, not even SGML, that we can
> use for other docs.

Yes, we need to recuce redundancy. There are 2 ways:

a. create a template - or rather, to add this to current template
(some of this is already there).

or

b. Create a doc "common properties of GNOME apps" (much like GNU
info documents have "common options") and just <link> to it from every
other doc -- provided that cross-linking works.

In the long run, I'd vote for b. - becuase, for example, it makes
little sense to explain in every doc what tear-off menus are. For now,
maybe we better use a. I do not think that having it as a text file is
needed - after all, all docs are in sgml/xml.

Kevin: could you add this to templates?

Sasha