Re: DB 3.0 vs DB 3.1

On 25 Apr 2000, David C. Mason wrote:

> Kenny and I just made a small discovery... One reason people have been
> getting <legalnotice> errors has to do with the use of DocBook 3.0 vs
> DocBook 3.1. I think most of our templates are calling 3.0 with:
>
> <!DOCTYPE Article PUBLIC "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.0//EN"[]>
>
> which calls DocBook 3.0  - whereas we need to call...
>
> <!DOCTYPE Article PUBLIC "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.1//EN"[]>
>
> which will call DocBook 3.1
>

> To be absolutely sure you have the latest png support installed and
> configured correctly please remove any reference to it in your CATALOG
> file and install my gnome-doc-tools rpm (which I would still like
> feedback on)
>
> http://people.redhat.com/dcm/software.html

I just installed this and tried it out - it seems to work fine for me. I'm
on RH6.2, so I guess we expected it to work here.

> This also means we need to update any templates that are calling DB 3.0!

I just upgraded the Handbook and templates and propagated the changes to
the relevant web pages.  I have not yet changed the discussion in the
Handbook to reflect this however.

I just noticed that the &hellips and &mdash are working properly now:)  Is
this something new you fixed in the stylesheet?  It looks like somebody
(boc?) also fixed the stylesheet-images/ recently, so I think the docs
should actually be rendering properly now.

Dan