Re: FDL blurb

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 02:26:24PM -0500, dcm@redhat.com wrote:
> >       Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.</para> <para> X Window
> >       System is a trademark of X Consortium, Inc.</para> <para>
> >       Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corp.</para> >
> >       </legalnotice>
>
> Prepare for flamage - we went over this on this list once - we are not
> going to give trademark notices like this. We decided to take th
> O'Reilly approach and Capitalize the trademark name and then have a
> paragraph stating something like 'all trademarks are covered by their
> respective owners' - but better, we need to look at O'reilly's method.
>
> Dave

Dave: "we decided" refers to GUADEC? I do not remember this being decided
on this list; it was discussed, but no decision that I
remember. Anyway: would you provide more details? What is "O'Reilly
method"; would you give an exact example? They checked with the
lawyers that it is OK, I guess - do you know for sure?

Sasha