Joining the GDP

Jörg Rathlev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to join the GNOME documentation project. Particularly, I am
> interested in writing a "GNOME user interface guide" for application
> developers.
>
> I believe that having a standard (or rather a recommendation) for GUI design
> is very important for a graphical environment like GNOME because it
> simplifies work for both developers and users. Besides, every operating
> system has one :-)
>
> What I would like to know is...
> - is there any existing project that I could join? (I didn't found anything
> on the developer.gnome.org web site or in the gnome-doc-list archives of
> October, September and August)
> - if there isn't any existing project, how can I start one?
>
> cu,
> Joerg
>
> --

Well, it's great to have you aboard, then. Generally, there are countless
things that need immediate attention, and if you see something of interest in
the tasks or assignments section of the gnome.org/gdp website, feel free to
contact whoever is involved in that commitment and help out. If you seriously
are interested in UI issues, I recommend you do two things: 1.) join the
gnome-gui-list, where interface issues are discussed, and 2.) become familiar
with the the UI team, which has a website up (which, IMHO, should be moved to
gnome.org), at http://www.jcinteractive.com/gnome-ui/

That would be really great if you'd become like a coordinator between their
efforts an our; we really need to begin to work together. Any other questions,
feel free to ask.

Eron