Re: My first doc

The organization of any document mainly depends on two criteria: 1)Who your audience is and 2) What the
purpose of your document is.

If you are writing a user manual or tutorial, I find that it is usually best to order your material in a
way that the reader would actually use it--maybe one chapter for each task  You can also make an index
of each function at the end for reference.

If you are writing a reference doc for people already basically familiar with the app, you can list each
function by menu or alphabetically, depending on the app.

EarthTone is working on the GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation, which should help.