Re: Standardizing help paths

On 5 Nov 1999, David C. Mason wrote:

> I guess more of a problem is just determining the most organized way
> of storing docs for all apps. Especially if you build indexing or
> searching from the sgml because the docs directory of any app will
> need /html /src or whatever.

Fine by me, just tell me if you want to do this so I can put this into
this "find a help file" routine.

OK, second cut at standard help paths:

APPNAME/CHAPTERNAME/SECTION

And this would translate into

/gnome/share/help/APPNAME/html/language/CHAPTERNAME.html/#SECTION

(assuming one was asking for the html version).

How does docbook map subsection names into HTML? If I have a <sect2
id="blah"> inside a <sect1 id="foo">, will the <a name="..."> tag to get
to section2 be #foo_blah or #blah or what?

-- Elliot
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.