Help in Setting up DocBook

Hi,

I just recently got started in having a working DocBook setup on my
system.  I downloaded the source for jade, docbook-dtd,
docbook-stylesheets, iso-entities, hyperref, and jadetex.  I couldn't get
jadetex to work, and saw previous postings on the gnome-doc-list regarding
redhat 6.0's tetex broken for the current jadetex.  That's fine, I don't
think having jadetex working is critical, or is it?

I went through the install instructions for those packages.  I have the
packages installed in:

	/usr/lib/sgml/docbook-dtd
	/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets
	/usr/lib/sgml/jade/dsssl/catalog
	/usr/lib/sgml/jade/unicode/catalog

I also setup the SGML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable, pointing to all
the appropriate catalog entries.

I am completely successful running the jade tests.  ie:

	jade -t rtf -d /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/html/docbook.dsl test.sgm

will correctly create the test.rtf file.  And I am successful running the
jade tests to create c01.htm from the test.sgm file also.

However, I cannot create any files in either the gnome-docu or
gnome-libs/devel-docs trees.  I get lots of LITLEN errors which I think
might be ok, or in need of a further Jade tweak as I saw references to
that in the jade setup section.  But I also get errors about errors with
")"'s out of place, bad &lt fields, and others.

In gnome-docu I get those errors, then what looks like plain text output
of the processing.  But no files actually get created.  The tar files
created are empty except for an empty directory.

In devel-docs, nothing is created.

I tried to edit db2html to point to my install locations, and created a
/usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG file with one catalog file per line.  I set
DB_STYLESHEETS to /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/test/docbook.css.  And set
HTML_STYLESHEET to /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/html/docbook.dsl.

Is there an important step I am missing here, to be working just fine with
the base stock jade tests, but to be failing miserably with the
gnome-specific files?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and let me know if you need more
information.

Thanks!
Steve