Re: Show specific page in yelp

On 16 August 2011 20:32, Timo <timo iera de> wrote:
> Hi everbody!
>
> I like to define which of all pages is being displayed when my docbook
> is opened by Yelp. The docbook will be opened from within applications.
> The shown page should match the context of the program. Also the docbook
> can be opened without a context. Then my favourite page shall be
> displayed.
> How do I specify a default page for Yelp? How do I make Yelp display a
> specific page?

To show the keyboard shortcuts page for the Desktop Help for instance,
you can just run
yelp ghelp:gnome-help?shell-keyboard-shortcuts

ghelp is the protocol and I believe points to /usr/share/gnome/help/
then the name of the folder/package, and finally the specific page you
want separated from the above by a question mark.

To see what page you're currently looking at in Yelp, hit Ctrl+L which
is a hidden power feature in Yelp. Actually, unless I'm mistaken, it's
a little funny that the help viewer itself doesn't have help. But
switching Gnome to the new Mallard format help is a huge undertaking
and there's still plenty of work left to be done.

Jeremy