Re: Yelp and new Gecko 1.9

Hi;

Le mardi 09 octobre 2007 à 10:22 -0500, Shaun McCance a écrit :
> On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 23:09 -0500, Ariel Rios wrote:
> > On the recent Mozilla / GNOME Summit we discussed about the need that
> > yelp switch to the new Gecko engine so it can be accesible and I was
> > assigned the task of inquiring into this. I now, very little about yelp
> > development but want to ask if it is currently possible to have yelp
> > with gecko 1.9 and if not what would be the necessary steps so it can be
> > included in the next GNOME release.

Yelp doesn't currently build with xulrunner 1.9. I think it shouldn't be
too difficult to fix it, but I don't plan to work on this for now (at
least until 1.9 final release).

You probably just need to grab libxul.m4 from Epiphany, use LIBXUL_INIT
and LIBXUL_DEFINES in configure instead of GECKO_INIT, adjust a few
Makefile.am files to use the right variables (and maybe fix Yelper.cpp
for some gecko API changes).

Regards,
	Christian