Re: Automatic Menu Substitution In Gnome Help Documentation

Hi Matt,

Today at 10:08, Matt Keenan wrote:

> I am investigating into the best solution for automatic menu location substitution
> within Gnome Help documentation. Currently all gnome applications have their menu
> location hard coded into the xml help documentation they deliver.

I glanced over this, and noticed that you don't take translation into
account.  As it is, "automatic" substitution would work better, but we
should probably use much more of the available features in the same
way (eg. <guimenuitem>s could be read from translated MO/PO files for
the applications themselves).

I am just saying this is not an easy problem to solve, and while we
all prefer simplicity, l10n stylesheets in g-d-u illustrate that we
can't get everything we want without becoming complex :)

Cheers,
Danilo