Compiling Yelp 2.16.2 gecko error

Hi there,

I'm busy compiling GNOME 2.16.2 for VectorLinux 5.8, a Slackware 11 derivative.
I've been following this wiki, to help me compile all the necessary components and extras:

http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/Gnome

Its been a bumpy ride but I have made it up to compiling Yelp.

When I configure Yelp with these flags:

./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome-2.16.2 --sysconfdir=/etc/gnome --localstatedir=/var/lib --with-gecko=firefox

It errors out with this message:

checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... configure: error: This
> program needs a gtk 2 gecko build

Hmm...I have firefox 2.0 on my box. Anyway, I dowloaded firefox version 2.0.0.1 from mozdev and compiled it on VectorLinux.
I have GTK+ version 2.10.6, and even after I compiled firfox, I continue to get this error.

The only other refence to this problem that I can find with Google is from a Ubunto mailing list:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-desktop lists ubuntu com/msg00893.html

Unfortunately, VectorLinux doesn't have the same kind of vast repository packages that Debian users have access to, and I also doubt
that slapt-get would help solve this probem anyway.

I'd really preciate any help solving this problem, since its the second-to-last package to build before I take GNOME for a test-drive :)

Thanks in advance.

Eugene