Re: xml2po

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 13:02 +0200, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Today at 11:52, Matthew East wrote:
>
> > The relevant xml file can be found here:
> > https://docteam.ubuntu.com/repos/branches/breezy/generic/faqguide/C/installing-applications.xml
>
> This file is not even well-formed XML.  xml2po really can't work with
> such files, even though it tries sometimes.  However, you are
> referencing entities which are not defined, so xml2po is pretty much
> lost.

{snip}

Danilo,

Thanks very much indeed for your reply, which I won't pretend to
understand completely, but I hope we can resolve this issue! As a
starting point, do you think that if the english document was merged
into a single file, and validated with xmllint, the problems would be
resolved?

> I can also suggest that you make use of gnome-doc-utils build system,
> and migrating is described at:
>
>   http://live.gnome.org/GnomeDocUtilsMigrationHowTo

I will investigate this further and talk with the ubuntu-doc team.

Thanks!

--
Matthew East
mdke ubuntu com