Re: gnome doc utils and gnome journal

Heya Sri,

Yesterday at 22:47, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> I've been kicking around an idea to use the doc utils to allow gnome
> journal to be translated sot hat we can move the content anywhere.
> That was the original intent before moving into the interim situation
> we have today.  Possibly, the journal could be integrated into yelp or
> some other manner that they could get it from their desktop properly using
> the right translated copies.

Oh yeah, xml2po still has the old "summary" mode.  It should probably
be removed now ;-)

> I'm trying to revisit this issue and see what we can do to be able to
> set up something similar.  What would people think the ideal infrastructure
> would look like?

There're are now several examples how to do that in Gnome CVS.

Most recently, I've added such support to Gnome Tour (which is still
in the works: gnomeweb-wml/www.gnome.org/tour/ in CVS), though I had
to statically add gnome-doc-utils.make there (you should actually use
gnome-doc-prepare script in your autogen.sh or whatever).

Cheers,
Danilo