Re: Small bug fixes for gnome-doc-utils

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 11:41 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > The second fixes an error that I ran into -- there's a place in the
> > stylesheets that still references the old 'format.foo' templates. I've
> > replaced it with what I *think* is correct, but I haven't been able to
> > check the output. The ChangeLog for this one is in a separate patch that
> > I'll send soon.
>
> They both look good to me.  Please commit them both to
> HEAD and the gnome-2-12 branch.

Unfortunately it looks like the email patch doesn't give correct output
(although it does at least let the templates run). Basically right now
for a construct of the form

<ulink href="mailto:a b c">text</ulink>

the tooltip is set to "Send email to 'text'". This is bad if

	* 'text' is empty
	* 'text' does not contain an email address (eg,
	  "Send email by clicking <ulink href="...">here</>.")

I've tried setting the parameter of the 'node' param to the gettext
template to various strings, but it looks like 'node' has to be an
actual XML node, so that approach isn't working -- I get an XPath type
error. Maybe it just makes sense to kill the special-casing of mailto's
here?

Peter

--
Peter Williams / peter newton cx