Devtools: drop webkitgtk?

I was wondering if it would be possible to drop devhelp’s dependency webkitgtk and use (for example)
gtksourceview instead.

The reason why I am bringing this up is that Homebrew (of which I am a maintainer) has decided to drop
support for webkitgtk as the quartz backend hasn’t worked for a long time and doesn’t appear to be properly
maintained.
Unfortunately this has also meant we had to drop devhelp, the only software package we offered with a hard
webkitgtk dependency. This had the very unpleasant consequence of dropping the optional devhelp support in
Anjuta and Gnome-builder :-(

I understand that moving away from webkitgtk would be a lot of work, but perhaps it might be worth
considering it? Anyway, I am looking forward to hear other people’s opinions on this.

Tom