Re: Understanding differences between gtef and GtkSourceView for word-completion

​Thank you for your reply  ​Sébastien
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 4:12 PM,
​​
Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 02:32:27PM +0530, Umang Jain wrote:
> Plus, it would be great if anyone  (ideally JesseVanDenKieboom
> <https://wiki.gnome.org/JesseVanDenKieboom> or  Sébastien Wilmet
> <https://wiki.gnome.org/S%C3%A9bastienWilmet>) can  co-mentor me for GSoC
> 2017. I would be obliged.

I don't want to be a GSoC mentor, and Jesse is not very active in
GtkSourceView these days.

​Ok. Do you have anyone in mind who can help me as a co-mentor regarding this​
?
I thought to integrate the new improved word-completion with GtkSourceView/Gtef ​
first (i.e. upstream) and then use it in Builder. But I'll give it a  thought you gave below.

Nothing prevents you from implementing a new GtkSourceCompletionProvider
in gnome-builder, in a way that it can simply be copied to Gtef or
GtkSourceView later without too much changes required. So, do not depend
on other gnome-builder code, write a self-contained class. And
GtkSourceView and Gtef don't use g_autoptr variables, so please avoid
those as well.

Hapy hacking,
Sébastien