GtkSourceView, using current-line style for other elements also?

File classic.xml

<!-- Global Settings -->

Is my feeling correct, that these global styles can not be used for
other syntax highlight purposes? The reason for the question is, that
all predefined color files define mostly foreground colors with high
contrast to background, and I would need one available predefined very
similar to background, current-line should be ok, but using it seems
not to work. My nim.lang is fine  with my own color scheme, but I
considered making it more compatible with other existing color schemes.
And for that I would need an existing color for the vertical bars at th
e left in http://ssalewski.de/tmp/NEd-SHD.png