Re: Helping with .lang files?

Hi!

> As I have quite some experience in some of these languages, I was
> wondering if there might be some way for me to help developing those.
> I have a good experience in CSS, HTML, XML, XSL, Diff, JavaScript,
> PHP, Perl, sh, DTD and gettext (may become more with the time) and
> would love improving/expanding them (Perl IMO is a good example of
> syntax highlighting ATM). What are the steps necessary to do this? I
> might have missed something, but the documentation told me to post on
> this mailing list, so please advise.

Sorry for the late reply, most discussion about this probably happens on
gedit-list or on #gedit irc gnome org

The documentation about hte format is available here:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtksourceview/unstable/lang-tutorial.html

Just add patches to the gtksourceview product in bugzilla, there is a
component for languages files.

Thanks and regards,
Johannes