GEdit plugin help

Hi,

I'm writing a gedit plugin to mimic the Ctrl+Shift+R behaviour of
Eclipse. I have managed to get this to work fine with a hard coded
path to search under. I could easily use a settings page to set this
but I'd rather use the root path of the file browser pane and was
wondering if there's an easy way to retrieve this from my plugin?

Alternatively is there already a plugin to do this? I looked but
couldn't find one so I thought I'd have a go.

What I've done is attached. I'll do a proper release for this once I
get it working properly ;-)

Thanks,

James