GtkSourceView question.

Hi Folks,

I am looking to do something like the following (git blame view) and I
would like to use GtkSourceView (in python) to do it.

http://repo.or.cz/w/git.git?a=blame_incremental;f=builtin.h;h=95126fd0c12149034372afd8eb37b944be684957;hb=02b00e16bb372fd13e1ac440e9fbafd223d43af0

Most of it should be pretty easy, but I am not sure how to do a couple things.

1) You can see the alternating background colors that show where
history has changed.  I don't see how
I could modify the background color on a line-by-line basis to get
this effect (in fact, I don't see where I can
programatically set the color scheme).  Any tips would be appreciated.
 I have been looking around for
tutorials/code snippets, but haven't found anything relevant.

2) I need a way to show the commit ID for a particular segment.  I am
thinking that a marker with a tooltip
would work.  Does that seem like a reasonable plan?

Thanks for the help.

-Govind.

--
pyrite.sophiasuchtig.com - Combining the best of git and Hg.