Devhelp question

Hi all,

I have an idea... Devhelp uses a special files to search into the
documentation (I think). I want to use the same information with a gedit
plugin the idea is:

When the user press <Control>+Return then I show a completion popup
(with GtkSourceCompletion) and I want to show the same information the
devhelp shows in the search tab. In the future, I want to show the
function documentation too but I think it is very difficult by now.

Is it possible with the current devhelp? There is an API to use devhelp
search mechanism without the GUI?

Regards and happy new year!

	perriman