Re: Emulating a block cursor in GtkSourceView

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 02:47:39 +0200
Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com> wrote:

> Il giorno dom, 24/08/2008 alle 21.14 +0100, Tony Houghton ha scritto:
> > I'm trying to emulate a block cursor in GtkSourceView by superimposing a
> > rectangle over it.
>
> Which version of gtk are you using? Block cursor when pressing INS has
> been included since gtk 2.12 (or maybe even 2.10, I do not recall the
> details). I guess you can simply require that version of gtk or take a
> look at gtk itself to see how it is implemented

I forgot about that, it's so rare that I use overwrite mode.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way of enabling the block
cursor except to enable overwrite mode, but the good news is that in the
main situation I want to display the block cursor insert/overwrite is
irrelevant so I can use this. Thanks.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk