Re: [gtksourceview] not building from source, warnings being treated as errors

Il giorno lun, 19/03/2007 alle 20.51 +0100, Thijs Vermeir ha scritto:
> Hello all,
>
> Is it possible that the latest trunk version is not building out of the box?
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> gtksourceview.c: In function 'set_source_buffer':
> gtksourceview.c:729: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
> break strict-aliasing rules
> gtksourceview.c:736: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
> break strict-aliasing rules
>
> Or am I just missing something?

Yeah, gtksourceview from svn (not in the tarballs) treats warnings as
errors by default and since that warning has appeared the build breaks.
Run autogen with --enable-compile-warnings=maximum and things should be
fine.
We should either silence that warning or make 'maximum' the default.

ciao
	Paolo