announce: qtsourceview 0.0.2

Hi all,

I would like to announce something which might seem "off topic" in this list:
a syntax highlighting library written in Qt4.

Why I am bothering you guys with this? Because as the input for the syntaxes I
decided to use the GtkSourceView lang files. The files were pretty simple to
decode (and I do mean decode, since I did not find any reference about their
internal structure), and in very short time they gave pretty good results: I
was able to load and color many files.

I was wondering how many implementations are available which can load and
parse the lang files, and use them in real life applications besides
GtkSourceView (and this new library).

I would like to tell you the difference between the 2 implementations, but the
funny thing is I cant: I still did not have a look inside your code... the
whole code was done by just guessing how should I react on the inputs
files... which is kinda lame (I know... open source... bla bla...), but this
was the original reason why I choose to write my own engine with your
language definitions: it was simple. My code is pretty small (about 2k lines
of code) and still produces a pretty good result.

I am planning in refactoring some of the code, as I do know some of the work I
am doing in QsvSyntaxHighlighter is just stupid and wrong, but even now the
results are pretty good!

I would like to thank the developers of GtkSourceView for their great job (I
do use GEdit sometimes!) and specially for all the guys who wrote the
language definitions.

The code is licensed under the terms of the LGPL, and can be downloaded from:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=43030

--
diego, kde-il translation team