Re: GtkSourceView regexp engine

Paolo Borelli wrote:
Il giorno mer, 11/05/2005 alle 16.04 -0700, Marius Scurtescu ha scritto:

Hi,

I was wondering what regexp engine is used by GtkSourceView and where
can I find the documentation for the supported regexp syntax?

Current GtkSourceView (1.2.0 and below) uses gnu-regex, the new
highlighting engine that is being developed instead uses egg-regex which
is a glib wrapper around pcre.

Thanks Paolo!

The documentation I found for gnu-regex 0.12 is:
http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/regex/regex_toc.html

The whole library seem to be quite outdated (early 90'), I could
not even find a home page for it :-(

I tried the [:space:] character class before I posted this question
and it did not work. So I either made a mistake or not even gnu-regex
is not fully supported. None of the existing .lang files are using
character classes.

Now, character classes are not a big deal, but if the full gnu-regex
is not supported then what exactly is?

pcre is much nicer, how far is an implementation using it?

I'll people more familiar with GtkSourceView internals answer further
questions.

ciao
	Paolo