Re: ETA on GtkSourceView 1.2?

Andrew Lau wrote:

Paolo Maggi wrote:

 When is the release date for you? I think we could try to release
 1.2.0 in time for your needs.

My bad. I was thinking of GtkSourceView 1.1.2 and not 1.2. I kind of remember someone mentioning to me about a 1.1.2 maintainence release (can't check right now -- away from my mail archives right now) before the 1.2 branch and GNOME 2.10 went stable.

Packaging GtkSourceView 1.1.9x or 1.2.x for Debian unstable right now would earn me a stern scolding from the Debian-GNOME's release managers (i.e. seb128), since the threat of compromising the QA of GNOME 2.8.x is just not worth the risk. = ) So no need to rush 1.2 just for Debian and me.

Well seeing as GtkSourceView 1.1.2 was probably a figment of my imagination, what other patches (mainly to the spec files) should I be concerned about? Just backport them all and the line numbers fix (which file is it to be precise)?

Uhm... I guess we had a bit of miscommunication here:

we offered to do a 1.1.2 release, but we also explained that 1.1.2 + backported lang files would be almost identical to 1.2.0, so after the previous thread I understood that you agreed on using 1.2.0 and thus we didn't bother to backport the fixes and release 1.1.2.

I'm also fairly sure to have asked this to seb128 on irc and I am pretty sure that he agreed that using 1.2.0

I suggest you to check again with seb128.

Really, using 1.2.0 doesn't invalidate any QA: as explained in the previous thread the only difference between an ipothethic 1.1.2 and 1.2.0 are the lang files since they introduce some new translatable strings.

ciao
   Paolo

Cheers,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau