Re: scaffold and code completion

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 13:28, John Que wrote:
> I saw by gooling the net that Anjuta2 is replaced bu Scaffold;
> I am testing now some development IDEs on Linux (targetting on
> development in "C") and I had looked at Anjuta 1.* and on Kdevelop.
> I have gnome 2.2.0 ; so I when I tried to build scaffold 0.1.10 from
> source I got errors regarding upgrading gnome and installing other
> libs. So before starting installing othet libs and upgrading ,

I think scaffold is not under development. If you are interested, you
can work on Anjuta. CVS head is going pretty nicely and we are
progressing fast. Checkout head from cvs or get an hourly tarball from
http://anjuta.org/.

> I have 2 questions if I may:
>
> First, I have a question regarding code completionin a "C" project.
>
> I wrote down and build this simple program: In Anjuta 1 there was NO
> code completion as described below. Will it exist in scaffold ?

The kind of autocompletion you mention was/is not available in anjuta.
However, there was a patch submitted in
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=14222&atid=314222, which
implements this feature. This was done for Anjuta 1.x series and
therefore may not be directly applicable in cvs head. You may help port
that patch into current code base in head.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba